Quotable,..Sen

"I read a lot and like arguing with people.", Amartya Sen, Economist and Noble prize winner, when asked how he likes to relax.

The broadening of my studies into philosophy was important for me not just because some of my main areas of interest in economics relate quite closely to philosophical disciplines (for example, social choice theory makes intense use of mathematical logic and also draws on moral philosophy, and so does the study of inequality and deprivation), but also because I found philosophical studies very rewarding on their own.” Amartya Sen, Economist and Noble prize winner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Orals

Why say "No" to the demand for a Uniform Civil Code in India

About the psychological, cutural and the technological impacts of the music songs